Monday, March 28, 2011

Blessed Be The Name Of The Lord

Hello Beloved, We had a visiting Preacher in our church services last night... He did a outstanding job. He was in the book of JOB. I have never heard much about Job from any other preacher... I have read of course the book of Job on my own.. It was a really great preaching time, for me. I have been on a roller coaster ride in my mind and spirit for sometime and this preacher seemed to say all the things I needed to hear... I can just never get over how God's word seems to affect you like that... You can hear the same thing from two different people but when God is really in it , it just seems to hit home.. Know what I mean? Job :1:20-22 , not alot of words, but, oh, so much impact. I will write it out here so you can see what I mean. Job 1:20-22 ( KJV) 20: Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground and worshipped, 21: And said: Naked came I out of my mother's womb, And naked shall I return thither: The Lord gave and the Lord hath taken away; BLESSED BE THE NAME OF THE LORD. 22: In all of this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly. I am still in a learning process here. I do not know everything. I have really just opened my mind up to receive what God is trying to tell US. " Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither." Job said that.. but you and I can say that too... we are really no different then Job.. and we can also say what Job did next too... " The Lord gave and the Lord hath taken away" What ever you think is yours, really isn't ... whatever you think you have done, you really haven't. The Lord gave us everything,,,, yes, He did.. He gave us , life, our mind, body, and soul. So what we have He gave us.... and it is really His to take away. We can all agree on that I hope. When things are going good and we have no problems we can say" Blessed be the name of the Lord. But, here is the clincher, Can you say that when things are piling up and not going your way . What about when you have multiple deaths, lose your income, and also your material things, can you then say like Job did," BLESSED BE THE NAME OF THE LORD" ? This is where the rubber meets the road folks... I had to take a deep breath because I have been failing in the Praise and Worship of my Savior... I can ask no one to help me but the one who has Created and gave me Life....... I am going to be trying to do this each and every day for the rest of my life.. I want to... I don't have to. but I want to .. I want to Bless the Lord with what He GAVE me and that is my Praise.... Like I said this was a good service last night.. Watch what you say out loud, your ears hear, and your heart reacts.... I want my heart to be reacting to God and the Word He GAVE us... How bout you? Smile: it is your free gift from God to share with others..... With arms tenderly wrapped about you..... your sister in Christ Jesus. vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment