Thursday, June 19, 2014

Day 4 of My 30 Day Challenge

Good Morning Beloved,

Well today is my 4th day of the 30 day challenge.  I get up and spend time reading God's Word and I write about it... I got stuck on one verse yesterday in James 1.  It was verse 12.. Something had happened and I came home and was reading and it just struck me and I could not go on until I had a clear understanding of the verse..
TEMPTATION: SOMETHING THAT TEMPTS
TEMPT: TO TEST OR TRY; ENTICE; ALLURE AS TO SOMETHING IMMORAL; TO PROVOKE OR RISK
Everyday we are tempted in one way or another. It may be about money, children, thoughts, sex, food, something ...  The thing we need to do is learn how to resist temptation.
RESIST: WITHSTAND; FEND OFF; STAND FIRM AGAINST
I am a work in progress and I needed this lesson ..   I  have to learn how to resist temptation and I hope that by doing this challenge I am...
This is what I did today when I was doing my daily reading.
I started my prayer and as I was praying this is what came from it...
Do you believe God created Heaven and Earth? The Sun, Moon, and Stars? Do you believe God created Man and Woman at the same time?
In Genesis 1:1  God.( Elohim means creator).  Genesis 1: 3  God spoke...1:14-16; lights to divide day from night and stars. Genesis 1:26...created them.... male and female. Now, with that said go to Psalms 139.   This talks about God knowing all about you while you were yet not born.  He knew when you would sit down, stand up, what you would think and what would come out of your mouth. He goes before you and behind you. As imperfect as I am( we are)  He wrote in His book all of my ( our) members ( every little detail of who you are). Your hair color, eyes, how tall or short you would be, the color of your skin, boy or girl. ect.... This is something to really think about..... God loves you so much that He knows how many hairs are on your head..  If you believe one thing about God's Word , you need to believe that it is a love letter written to you. It is filled with so much life, love and truth in it for you to learn .... You will never know it all not this side of heaven. In the last two verses of Psalms 139.
" Search me, O' God, and know my heart. Lead me in the way everlasting."
It is time to believe and ask God to  Search me and lead me.......  God did create all things ,  you included. Thank Him for that today.  Remember to Smile it is a free gift from God for you to share with all you meet.
tenderly your sister in Christ Jesus, 
vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment