Monday, October 27, 2014

From Darkness to Light

Hello Beloved,

If you have ever read any of this blog then you know that I suffered for many years with depression.
I heard a preacher on T.V. today talk about darkness and then light.  I want to tell you about my experience with darkness and light.
Before I fell in my bathtub in Oct. 2007, I had an experience that now as I look back on it had to be God.  The month before I fell in the bathtub I lived in a dark, dark place..  I would go to work each day but I felt like a zombie.. I don't think I preformed my job well, my home life was horrible, nothing seem to matter or make much sense. I had Thursdays off through the week.  I awoke one Thursday morning and laid in bed and was so cold.  I could not think at all, nothing.  I did not want to get up from that bed..... I wanted to just lay there and go to sleep never to wake again.... I can not even begin to describe how dark it was .  It was like I was wearing it and nothing could break through. I don't know how long I lay there but I just didn't want to be anywhere.. I was so cold.. coldest I have ever been in my whole life.. I got up and ran a hot bath and set in it to try and get warm, nothing seem to help.. I got up and put clothes on and sat in the living room just getting colder and colder... I said to myself, just stop breathing.. So I tried  that holding my breath.   Darkness just seemed to be getting darker and darker all the time as I grew colder and colder.. I set there for such  a long time... It was in the afternoon and something said to me " go to the store".  What?  " go to the store".  So I got up and went to the store.. I was really like a zombie walking... I went in the store and people spoke and I tried to be friendly back( I think, I hope) I started around the  corner to go into the second aisle and someone spoke to me;  " hi, how are you? fine, thanks."  I then moved on to the next aisle.. Same person, " Hi, how are you?'' again fine thanks". So I go to the third aisle and this same person comes up to me and says"  I need to pray for you." I look at them and think are they talking to me? I look around and it is just me and this person..  This woman, grabs my hand and starts praying right then and there in the 3 aisle of the store! I do not know this woman , never saw her before.. She just starts praying for me and over me and it starts to penetrate through me...  I had been living in the darkness so long...  She prayed and prayed and as others came into the aisle they laid a hand on me and prayed too!!  We stood in aisle 3 for how long?  I don't know..  I do know that when she was done praying over me and for me I felt like a weight had been removed..  I began to see light shinning around me..  It was not me that was shinning but it was the LOVE of Christ Jesus shinning from this woman.  I left this woman in aisle 3 and finished shopping with LOUD praises on my lips.
I went up to the front of the store and paid for my things and went outside to put things in my car. I saw this woman waiting by my car and she told me that GOD LOVES YOU.. and that was the last time I ever saw her.. I had never seen this woman before nor have I ever seen her again.  I only know that in  my darkness there came a light.... I still have moments of darkness but they don't last to long .. I have the Light of the world in me... JESUS CHRIST.
true story .  smile it is a free gift from God for you to share. love in Christ Jesus vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment