Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Gone By

When you think of Christmas gone by, what is it you think about? Is it the presents you received or the ones you gave? What is it that you think about?
This year I have been thinking about my Christmas past, and I have had good memories of them...
Way back in the past I think about how Daddy gave us a jar filled with pennies.. He told us we
could buy what we wanted with our pennies.. Of course we just had to buy Mama something
for Christmas, and Daddy too.... One year my sister and I walked down to the Party Time Shop
and I bought Mama a little tea cup with flowers on it and a saucer and stand to sit them on.
I thought I was so rich! I paid for my gift with the pennies from the jar... Daddy, poor Daddy, always got socks.
Another Christmas I remember my brother, he wrapped a coin in a old matchbox with a $1.00
bill around it... and another my sister worked hard all summer boxing up nightcrawler ( she did
not even like nightcrawlers!) so she could save and buy me twin dolls with a stroller.
So when I look back into my Christmas Gone by I remember the gifts but I think now about
the love that went into the gift....
FAST FOREWARD:
I have grandchildren now and have been trying to teach them what I have learned.... That it is
not the gift but the love from the gift giver that matters.. That is why we try to share our
table with others.... Someone who has no family or a place to be on this important day..
This year I was truly blessed to watch my grandchildren pass out love to a stranger on Christmas Day.. I would say that they are learning their lesson well... I think this was the
best Christmas yet, but then again it will come around next year...
So when you think about your past Christmas time what do you think about?
Smile, when you do , you are dressed the most beautiful you can be!

Your friend in Christ Jesus, billiemae

2 comments:

  1. That is a very good story. Reminds me of short stories I have read in Reader's Digest or other magazines. Looking forward to your next story.

    ReplyDelete