Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Daniel The Prophet

Hello Beloved,

I have been studying the book of Daniel in the Bible.  I had recently heard something that I just could
not agree with, so I started digging to find the answer.
2 Timothy 2: 15.  "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."
I will now show you what I have learned along the way.. If you see something you don't agree with please, at the bottom of the entry is a comment line, so tell me what and why and I will research it some more. thanks.  I want to give you a little background history here..
I am going to start with King David.   King David was born about 1040 BC and he died about 970 BC.
This would have made him 70 years of age when he died... He became King at 30 years of age and he
was King for 40 years.( 2 Samuel 5:4, 1 Kings 2:10-11)  King David had a son called Daniel or Chileab with his third wife Abigail. ( 2 Samuel 3:3, 1 Chronicles 3:1)
Now lets move on to the book of Daniel.
Daniel was born about 622 BC,  so when he was taken along with Hananiah( Shadrach), Mishael ( Meshach), Azariah ( Abed-nego) he would have been about 17 years of age.  So, I don't believe it was
possible for this Daniel to be the son of King David and Abigail. I am not saying it is not possible that Daniel
was a descendant of King David and Abigail , just that it was not a direct son ship.
Daniel 1:1.
" In the third year of the reign of Jehoiakim king of Judah came Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon unto Jerusalem, and besieged it."
Jehoiakim( Jehoiachim) his birth name was Eliakim. He was installed as king of Judah in about 608 BC.
So his third year would have been about 605 BC.  He ruled for about 11 years.
Daniel 1:3 
" And the king spake unto Ashpenaz the masters of the eunuchs, that he should bring certain of the children of Israel, and of the king's seed, and of the  princes. ( nobility)
In all of the research material I searched I could not find Daniel's lineage.  So I have to just take what I  see in Daniel 1: and know that he was of noble birth.

I found so much out about this period of history and it was all very interesting ... I started out trying to see
if what I had heard was correct... I believe I have now found my answer..  I hope you find this interesting
enough to look and see if I am correct .  Please DO NOT EVER JUST SIT AND TAKE FOR GRANTED WHAT SOMEONE SAYS,  SEARCH IT OUT FOR YOURSELF.
Smile:  it is a free gift from God for you to share and you are at your most beautiful  when you do...
tenderly with arms around you.  vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment