Monday, August 8, 2011

Proverbs One

Hello Beloved,





Today I will be quoting from The Children's Living Bible. It will be from Proverbs 1:20-33

"" Wisdom shouts in the streets for a hearing. She calls out to the crowds along Main Street,
and to the judges in their courts, and to everyone in all the land: You simpletons ! she cries.
How long will you go on being fools? How long will you scoff at wisdom and fight the facts? Come here and listen to me ! I'll pour out the spirit of wisdom upon you, and make you wise.
I have called you so often but still you won't come. I have pleaded, but all in vain. for you have spurned my counsel and reproof. Some day you'll be in trouble and I'll laugh ! Mock me, will you?___ I'll mock you ! When a storm of terror surrounds you, and when you are engulfed by anguish and distress, then I will not answer your cry for help. It will be too late though you search for me ever so anxiously.
For you closed your eyes to the facts and did not choose to reverence and trust the Lord, and you turned your back on me, spurning my advice. That is why you must eat the bitter fruit of having your own way, and experience the full terror of the pathway you have chosen. For you turned away from me___to death: your own complacency will kill you. Fools ! But all who listen to me shall live in peace and safety, unafraid. "

How many of us have had wisdom call on us , and we ignored her? How we have had to go down the same old pathway of our own choosing. My sister told me many, many years ago to read
Proverbs a chapter a day every single month .. I did too for a few months... and then I stopped. I have made the decision to start doing that again.. I, like so many have made unwise choices in my life and I think I am at a renewing in my life... I hope that this opens someone elses eyes as it has mine...

Smile today, someone needs it and you are the most beautiful when you do.
God Bless each one of you today. your sister in Christ Jesus, vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment