Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Listening To God's Voice

Hello Beloved,

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I would like to tell you about two people who live thousands of miles apart.
First Person:
A lady named Lori.  I met Lori in a hardware store about 7-10 years ago. I did not know who she was or that she would turn out to be someone SO SPECIAL. I found out
from her brother ( whom I worked with) that she was a preacher lady.
Second Person:
You have already met this person; " THE YELLOW ROAD WARRIOR", my friend Sherry.
Sherry had come home to be with her family as she was very sick.  I met her in a church meeting about 4 years ago.. As sick as she was ( and it really showed) she was praising and dancing before God.  I looked over at her and fell in love ....I fell in love with the spirit around her..... She was very, very, sick and in all the times following, seeing her in church, she never, never, failed to stand and praise God.
She worships God and prays and teaches what she knows to those who listen...  NO, I don't think she is perfect but I love her anyway. I tell you all that so I can tell you this.
Last year Sherry was in a coma and the family was told that she would not live. So has they made preparations to have life support taken off, she awoke.  She sat up in bed and starting talking to them like nothing had happened.
GOD IS A HEALER.
She was told she had some heart problems and would have to take medicine for that and she was released from the hospital.  She went back to the doctor and was told her heart was fine.
GOD IS A HEALER.
So for the past year she has been teaching a Sunday School class and worshipping and praising God.
On October 30, 2012, Sherry was in a very bad automobile accident.  She broke almost everything about her waist.. A URGENT prayer request went out .  Now this is where my two friends Lori, and Sherry come together.
God knows when one of His children needs Him and He also knows who to send the task to.
We are suppose to be open enough to hear God speak to us. It is when our spirit is talking to us.  We should be listening..  Well, this is what my friend Lori did.
She listened to GOD'S VOICE and prayed .  Night and Day she prayed for Sherry who lived thousands of miles away.  She would keep in touch with me and ask about Sherry so she could pray specifically. 
God brought together two spirits who love Him and obey Him, thousands of miles apart, He brought them together.
Sherry has a long way to go in her recovery but with angels like Lori praying for her it won't take long
So to be God's hand extended.......... listen to His voice and obey.  We don't know how our lives may cross with someone else's life but God does...
Please listen for His voice...... as I will...
God Bless each of you..
Remember to Smile..... It is a free gift from God for you to share with all you meet.
tenderly with arms wrapped about you.... your sister in Christ Jesus vickie

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear that Sherry is on the mend. She has been through a lot. Thanks for sharing. Vicki A.

    ReplyDelete