Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Prayer: Tough Love

Hello Beloved,
My heart is heavy tonight for a friend.  I hope that this will help her with the thing she struggles with tonight.
This is a open prayer for all parents and grandparents who are or have been raising a child or children.
Dear Father in heaven,
My child ______ is having trouble right now, struggling with making sound decisions .  We have tried to instill in them the necessary skills to lead a productive life on their own, But Father , I am afraid in my loving them I may have loved them to much and indulged them more than was really good for them.  So I too struggle with what to do. I want to help them but if I do I am afraid I will just make things worse.  So I am asking Father for help from you , to help them not fail but to grow and to comfort them with the right choice.  
I know we all have wants and needs, but sometimes our wants get in the way of what is needed.  Please show them what is needed in their life right now.  They may say well I need a new car, when it really is I want a new car.  Or maybe it is I need to have my friends over because they did this for me, when it should be I really need to pay the rent so I can have a place to have them over.  Sometimes all of our thinking gets mixed up.. Father help them to UN mix  their mind.
I will not always be around for them but YOU are always present with them. Hebrews 13:5  I will never leave you or forsake you.
Father please help them to understand it is NOT because we do not love them it is because we DO love them that we have to make this decision  and it IS tough to make.  I pray Father you will wrap your arms around them and that they will accept this lesson in TOUGH LOVE as gift.  I lift up my child to you and as YOUR child I have complete trust in you.
Thank you Father for your Grace and Mercy. I pray your will be done for my child in the Name of Christ Jesus. Amen
This is not a perfect prayer but it is something  to start with. Make it your own.  Tell our father what the problem is and ask Him to take over. I know from a personal  experience what this does. I know how hard it is to give someone you love heart and soul over to the Father.  But I also can tell you it is worth the journey.  My prayer for you right now is this.

Dear Lord, whoever is reading this and having trouble with someone they love I pray that as they turn their loved one over to you that you would put peace in them where they have pain and frustration. Love and lots of it for the trials ahead. Guide them in the decisions they will have to make and keep the guilt from overcoming them.  I pray that they will hold strong to loving this child with a love that is tough.  I pray in Jesus name your will be done. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment