Sunday, February 18, 2018

My Personal Testimony

Good Afternoon Beloved,

This morning in church our pastor talked about what we are suppose to do as a church.  Not a building but as a church body.  How we are to go about letting people know what Christ Jesus has done for us, personally.  Well, that is what I am going to do today in this post.  One post will not really tell all the story but it will be a start .
I have been in search of who I am most of my life. As a child I went to Sunday School and heard all the bible stories.  As a teen I went to church( mostly looking at the boys) Got married in my teens and started having my family.  At age 22 I had my family.  When I was 26 years old I went back to church and heard a sermon that changed my life.  I went down and ask Jesus Christ into my heart and was baptized in water then.  I went on trying to raise my family the best I could and somehow life just got in the way... It was not until I was in my late 40's that I became serious about my relationship with Christ Jesus .. I had be a back slider for a long time, like I said life just got in the way.  BUT GOD.  I have to Praise God for friends,  real friends who cared not just for me as a person but for my eternal soul.
I was having trouble in my marriage and I wanted out, very badly I wanted out.  My husband and sons were a mess as was I.  My friend would come by and invite me to go with her to church but I did not want anything to do with church.  I just wanted my life to change.  I had been to church and my life was not all that..  She just would not leave me alone .  I told her I would go one time and after that she had better leave me alone. She said  OK, sure, we'll see. She knew something I didn't.  Well, I did go with her to church one evening and that evening something happened inside of me.. I became alive again.. She knew this would happen, she told me later.
A few months later, I was getting ready for church and my husband said he would come with me.. He did and sat on the front row and something happened to him that morning and he went down and ask Christ Jesus into his heart and he was baptized in water that morning.  This was a HUGE BIG DEAL!!!! From that moment on life has been different and has changed.  Yes, we still have our ups and downs but how we deal with it is so different now.
It is about choosing how to live.  With Christ Jesus in our life or with out Him.  Without Christ in my life I was on the road to Hell.
I am so glad that Jesus came to live in my heart, I would be lost with out Him.

More next time.   Smile:  You are your most beautiful when you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment