Monday, November 4, 2013

Rockville Woman's Prison

Hello Beloved,

I would like to tell you about something that I did yesterday.   I was privileged to be invited to a very personal and everlasting moment of some young women who a lot of us would say don't deserve this post.  I will strongly disagree with that..
I got to go and witness an amazing transformation at the Woman's Prison yesterday.  I don't know why these women are in prison but I did get to see what the end result of three days with God did for them..  I saw lots and lots of tears and laughter and unity in God.  It was very moving for me..
I must tell you that as I was admitted into the prison I had my moments of 'what are you doing here?" thoughts... some fear?  yes.. The part that scared me the most was the locking down of the doors and knowing I could not get out again until someone let me out.....
I am not really sure what I thought I would see in there... woman to be afraid of or a harshness to the place,  maybe just being ignorant of the place.
I know I came out with a different thought , then what I entered with..
I saw some pretty amazing things take place.... in me... I remember one young woman's face as they said, I would like to read her poem.. It was at first one of " o' no they will make fun of me  that quickly turn to I am to embarrassed to have them here this, to one of one who had become humbled all in the span of a few seconds..  She was very beautiful to watch... Yes, I am speaking of one of the inmates ... but God had transformed her to His child and it was something you could see..  Beautiful, just beautiful.
One young woman got up to testify and what she said  hit so close to home for me.... She said I want to thank God for this weekend .  I was just off suicide watch and was told that my name was chosen to come on this journey..  She said " CHOSEN".. Her testimony said a lot to me...
It was something I am so thankful for ... I hope I never forget all the emotions I went through in such a short time... Panic, fear, anxiety, to acceptance, to calm, to freedom.
I thought about Paul and Silas while I was there.. How they were in a prison cell and they sang and the chains that held them were unloosed and they were free... I saw that in the woman yesterday .  They would still be behind locked doors but they were free from all the burdens that held them prisoners in the mind.  They were free .
 Lord Jesus I want to thank you for allowing me the privilege of seeing
firsthand what true freedom is. I thank the women in this prison for not being ashamed of letting God's love show in them ...  I thank my friend
Donna for inviting me to come and witness this beautiful and loving
tribute to our Creator and Savior, Jesus Christ.
tenderly your sister in Christ Jesus.
                                                        vickie

1 comment:

  1. I pray that others will see that they were CHOSEN too.....all that have to do is invite him in. They can be free as well.

    ReplyDelete