Friday, November 29, 2013

Ugliness of Mind

Hello Beloved,

Today is a different kind of day.. I find myself in a negative frame of mind.
We all have them... I feel so guilty for mine.... As I try to grow in God's Word and change I am finding that the ugly in me is deep......  but I am finding that it is changing... It is not always easy to change , especially when the past comes at you like a roaring lion.  We all have pasts and not all of them are pretty.. Everyone has a skeleton  they would just as soon not come out..  Mine came out yesterday and it made for a unhappy holiday.  My fault entirely.  I am the one who chose to let the ugly leap out of me. I have repented and ask forgiveness from God..
Can I ask you a question?  What would you do if your past came out at you ?  As I ask you this question a scripture just came to mind..  I think I need to go and read it ..be right back.
Maybe you could go and read it too.. Acts 9.   This is where Saul whom we came to know and love as Paul had his past catch up to him and how it was
dealt with..   Paul was converted in this chapter from a man who persecuted the church to one who ended up writing most of what we know as the New Testament.  I guess I should be reading and not writing then eh?   The more I read , the more I know I need too.. I don't want to carry the weight of all this ugliness inside me so guess I will go now and read and let the Word of God wash me some more.
Please forgive me if I have in any way caused you to falter in your walk.
tenderly, your sister in Christ Jesus
                                                           vickie

1 comment:

  1. Vickie, we ALL have those moments — sometimes they last for days, weeks, months. Remember, God can use our pasts to change us. And He forgives us and forgets. All we have to do is let Him love us through it. Praying for you today, my sweet friend. ~Kelly

    ReplyDelete