Sunday, April 26, 2015

A Glimpse Into Change: My Journey In The Race of Life Part 2

Hello Beloved,


How does one effect the other? Well, I was just getting ready to find out.
All of my life I have felt inferior to EVERYONE!!   I was never as _________, you fill in the blank.
I probably already had it filled in.. I was the last of four girls in my family. My sisters were and are beautiful , smart and talented... you name it .. They are the three  'BEST'  gifts I have ever received.. My brother always told me that by the time they got to  ( #7) me.. they had used all the good stuff up and just had to use leftovers and it turned into me.( he was just joking)  but , I took it for real and then when ever anyone said something NOT nice to me I took it inwardly and held on for dear life.. So all of my life I have been defeated.. I will soon turn 62 years old  That is so sad isn't it ... to live your whole life letting other peoples ugliness control your life.  Moving on..


After my sons were born I ate and ate and ate and got bigger and bigger and bigger.  I finally quit smoking and I gained 80 pounds on top of the 40 I had never lost from having my sons.  So I was 120 pounds  heavier then I should be. I was pretty solid it was hard to tell that I was THAT much over weight but something just wasn't right in my body.  Here I was at 61 years of age and 230 pounds, and failing at being the person God had created me for .. I was a FAT SINNER!!.  I had gone to church  most of my life and I thought I was a Christian, hut here is where the effect comes in .. How does one effect the other?
To be a Christian , one must be Christ life. I wasn't.  I was full of Vickie and not of Christ.  Oh, I prayed and went to church and studied my Bible and thought I was doing all the right stuff.  But, I still had the same mind set of the world.  I was playing at being a Christian. I knew I needed to change and I prayed for changed, I just never dreamed it would come the way it did, in my health.


I went to the doctor and I believe that was the change I needed.. It is not fear of death or anything
like that. It was the fear of NOT being able to stand before God and give an account of my life. Change? You bet I am willing to change. I really do not want to disappoint God anymore than I have already.  I was the exact opposite of what I was praying for..
High Blood Sugar is really called , Diabetes. Change?  Yep, my lifestyle will have to change, not only will it change in the physical but it is changing in the spiritual as well.




I hope to be able to finish this in the next post.. Till then : Smile it is a free gift from God for you to share with all you meet. God Bless  your sister in Christ Jesus, vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment