Monday, April 27, 2015

A Glimpse Into Change: Part 3

Hello Beloved,


Galatians 5:22-23


It is the FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT: LOVE , JOY, PEACE, LONGSUFFERING, GENTLENESS, GOODNESS, FAITH, MEEKNESS, TEMPERANCE
In relationship to eating and my life.
LOVE: We all know about that one, I love my  husband, children, family, church family ect...  ME. I LOVED FOOD! I loved it 230 pounds worth!!
Joy: Not a lot. Not even in the food I was eating. I ate to eat.
PEACE: What is peace? I was not even peaceful in my choice of eating whatever I wanted. I just did not have any joy or peace. I really needed to find them , but they just seemed elusive ( hard to grasp)
LONG SUFFERING: ( Patience)  I did not have much. I wanted everything to be instant ...like food, quick and fast.
GENTLENESS: ME? No not always. There is more than just kindness here.
GOODNESS: Me? Kindness, virtue, generosity... Again not always
FAITH: oh, yeah.  I had lots of faith for YOU! but not for myself.. I could trust for YOU ! not for me.. I was just not good enough..again.
MEEKNESS:  Not inclined towards anger or resentment: patient and mild. again not me.
TEMPERANCE: ( Self-control) I really lacked big time in this one. I had NO self-control.. Not in my eating habits or in my temperament. I ate what I wanted and did the same with my mouth, spoke what I wanted. Both were wrong.
But like everything in life , there is a up and a down, right and wrong, good and evil.. So with me the other side of Galatians 5:22-23 is this.
I am in a learning phase of life. I am making progress but I still make mistakes too.
LOVE: This one has not changed much.
JOY: I am learning to rejoice and be glad in the place I am right now. Today no matter what.
PEACE: I am learning that my peace is the security I get from knowing that Jesus Christ loves me even when I am not so loveable.  It is a time of quite and listening to God. ( hearing loss)
LONG SUFFERING: This one is probably the hardest one for me of all the Fruits of the Spirit.
Long suffering : bearing injuries, troubles, patiently for a long time, endurance of trials;  I do that but, FORTITUDE: ( this is with the long suffering)  is , firm courage, patient, endurance of trouble or pain, forbearance ( self-control) . I am learning to have fortitude, having firm courage to stand for what I believe in and the forbearance or self -control. It is a hard battle, but one in which I will fight to the end of my race.( life)
Gentleness: of good birth, refined , polite, generous, kind, tame, Just a few words to describe gentleness. I am of good birth, not only from my mama and daddy but mostly because of my REBIRTH  into Jesus Christ.  I will certainly try to more of the others, generous, kind, tame, Please just bear with me as I learn all this new behavior.
GOODNESS: I am getting this one even as I write this all down.  FAVOR. More in a minute.
FAITH: Hope, trustworthiness, fidelity ( devotion to duty)
My faith has grown by leaps and bounds in the past several months. Not only for you but for me too. I live in hope now trying to be faithful in my devotion to duty as a wife, mother and child of God. By learning and spreading and listening and doing and learning how to grow in faith.
MEEKNESS:  Mildness, humility ( humility: the state or quality of being humble; acts of self-abasement) WOW! Humility means humble, humble means not proud, modest, knowing one's shortcomings. Yeah!! I got this one for sure.  I KNOW ALL OF MY SHORTCOMINGS.

No comments:

Post a Comment