Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Can Words Hurt?

Hello Beloved,

I want to write about words.   Yes, words, and what they can do to a person.  As I get older
I think about words that have been spoken to you, over you and about you and what they have
meant in your life....  Words are very powerful, they can destroy or heal.  
It was brought to my attention tonight that I may have disturbed someones walk with God...
Well, let me tell you that is cause for concern.. I don't want to do something that will cause someone
new to fall away from God.... So, I will find this person and ask for forgiveness.    I do not even remember
what I said to this person but it was something that affected them in a bad way.. I am very sorry I spoke..
I will try to let you inside my thinking for a minute okay?   People don't always mean what they say in the way you may have taken it.... Some people are trying to be funny, some are just sarcastic, some just thinking outloud, some in anger, some in pain, but whatever the reason  the person on the receiving end of the words may NOT take it the way you said it... It is the WORDS that stay around and go over and over in your mind that hurt..
Words said by someone you trust  and love can have a major impact on your life.. When you say things that are loving and postive you have people who are going to be loving and positive .  Now the same is true with saying negitive things to people..  It does not have to be all the time for it to stick around and hurt them it can be just one time.  But when you say hurtful, bad words to a person it stays with them ALL  of their lives...
From my own experience I can tell you this.... NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, tell someone they are a failure.
Never tell them that they don't mean something , that they are worthless.. NEVER!!!!!!   These are things that set that person up for a lifetime of being inferior and thinking they don't count.  Calling someone names is a real  B A D thing to do...
Some of us hide behind a mask so to speak when we are in the public eye.... We have learned how to pretend things don't bother us... but as we age, that pretense is gone... It starts to show in our face and in our actions.... Sometimes we are not even aware of saying or doing something that is hurting someone else.. To us it may just be what we call normal..... So I ask you to please not sit in judgement of someone till you know all the facts....or at least till you have spoken to that person and tried to understand from their point of view... We are not all happy , well adjusted people with a bubbly personality. We did not all have people in our lives who made us feel  special at all times... Some people have a serious attitude, some have a fun loving nature, some have boring natures , there are many different kinds of attitudes, because there are many different kinds of people.... We may not all feel the same way, but if you tell someone often enough that
they are not any good, then believe me they believe it the rest of their life... It may not come out in those
exact words but the feeling is behind the words...  So please watch what you say to whomever you say it too.
Smile: it is a free gift from God for you to share  and you are the most beautiful when you smile....
vickie

1 comment:

  1. UPDATE: I have found this person and told them I was sorry and have ask for and recieved forgiveness... I need to learn how to keep my big mouth shut!

    ReplyDelete