Wednesday, June 16, 2010

2500 Miles

Hello Beloved,

I would like to tell you about a place we went to see... One of them was in Kansas. It is called the
Cosmosphere and it is such a neat place... It was all about air travel... We saw the Apollo 13 space capsule and Lunar Module and other earlier rockets and planes it was really a very neat place to see.... and then we went to the Zoo and a Children's Museum.. All in all it was a busy time and fun too! The best part of the trip for me was getting to see my Sister and her family... It had been some time.... Family is more and more important to me as I grow older....
After coming home from Kansas. I received word that my cousin had passed away in Tennessee. So I made a trip down there.... I will miss Mazie so much... We had so much fun growing up . Memories that is what I have now... and that is what I hope my grandchildren will have of the trips we took this past week....
On the way home from Tennessee made a stop at another really neat place in Kentucky... It was called the Creation Museum Oh what another neat place to visit.... While there I saw a short
movie on the planets..... It sure did put things in perspective for me.
All of the stars and planets in this vast place called space.... things we can only think on and let me tell you it is hard to imagine just how vast it really is. For example: ( use your imagination
now) take a watermelon, then a apple, a grape and then a mustard seed... now place them in a row.... the melon is HUGE then the apple not so big and then even smaller a grape, and last is the mustard seed and you can hardly see it! that is the same with our universe .It may seem so big and large but when you put it the order of things we are really pretty small... and the best part of all of this is that God sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to this place! Just for us... Now, I have been thinking about this .... and I was really angry for some reason and then I started to think about this and you know what? Anger is really nothing....not in the vastness of the plan of Heaven... Why then do we all waste time being anger, proud, or any of the other things we are?
I now have to ask myself alot of questions and hope that I can find the answers in God's Word..
I know the answer is in there... I can not even fathom the depths of how much God loves us...
He really does.. I think I will look at the night sky a little different now.... God spoke each one of the stars into existence all of them and they are many... that is how much he really loves us...
Beloved, if you live close enough to go to this Museum please do yourself a favor and go...
If you just put in your search engine : Creation Museum it should tell you all you need to know... It is worth the trip.
God Bless each of you and may your day be filled with the Love of Christ Jesus and forgiveness in your heart..
Smile, when you do you are dressed the most beautiful you can be...
your sister in Christ,

1 comment:

  1. Vick- I love the new look of your blog! How pretty! The Creation Museum sounds like a very interesting place- maybe have to make a trip down there when we come back home. I was glad to spend time with you, too. Sorry you had to turn around immediately and take another trip, and really sorry for the reason you had to make that trip. May was way too young. I know you were close to her and will miss her. Take a day or two to rest and get back into the swing of things. Love, Sue

    ReplyDelete