Wednesday, March 3, 2010

James Chapter 1

Hello Beloved,

I have been thinking about prayer... We had a call from our church today asking us to pray for
someone who had been taken to the hospital... I just happen to love this someone with all my heart.... She is very sick and she needs prayer.. I said a prayer but then it made me start thinking about how I pray.. I have done this a lot... I listen to others pray and think wow, how do they do that? I don't know how to pray that way.... I then start thinking that maybe I am doing it wrong... So I did what I usually do I went to the Word and looked prayer up.
I went to James 1:2-16
Prayer is something so personal between you and The Lord.... You should not think about how others are praying but on how you pray... In James 1:5
If you lack wisdom , ask.
James 1:6
When you ask , BELIEVE and do NOT doubt,
James 1:7 doubt is double mined.
Now I have put these scriptures in my own words, more for me to understand then anything else.... When I ask ,I should not doubt because a double minded person is unstable in all he does..
I have taken this all from a NIV Bible..
The title in my Bible on James 1: 2-16 is Trials and Temptation...
James 1:12 Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial.... Stand firm...
It is not the trial you have joy in but the results of the trial...
My trial has been on prayer... and I think I have found some answers in what I have just written.

When I pray believe it will be heard .. I have to learn that as much as I might love someone,
they are really NO better then I am.... They may have different ways of doing things and maybe they have more of something then I do... but they are NOT better....
This is something I have battled all my life, believing just because I was not as " something" as someone else I was not as good... That is a lie from the master liar... We ( all of us) are created in the image of God..... I just sometimes need to be reminded of that ... and I just was...
God does not tempt me, He always has a door of escape for me.. Temptation is from my own
evil desire, and desire give way to sin and sin leads to death. I need to be reminded of this so that I will remember that I have the Blood of the Savior, Jesus Christ applied to my life... He will never leave nor will He forsake me..... Every good gift is from God... I need to live in God's Word everyday so that I can bear the fruit of the Spirit.
I am so awed by what Jesus Christ did for me at Calvary. I sure did not deserve it.... I am so grateful that with all of my flaws and shortcomings that Jesus loved me so much He died so I would not have too.... Is that not just the most AWESOME thought you can have today!
JESUS LOVES ME!
May your day be filled with all that God wants for you today and I hope you are filled with PRAISE and THANKSGIVING to Him...
Remember to Smile : when you do you are dressed the most beautiful you can be.
With love in Christ Jesus, your friend ,billiemae

1 comment:

  1. It truly is awesome and so are you. Thank you for sharing. I love you lots.

    ReplyDelete