Sunday, August 15, 2010

Baptism

Hello Beloved,

Today ,I would like to talk about something I think is very important... Baptism. I was witness to seven baptisms today.. What a blessing it was for me... Seven new brothers and sisters. I saw two baptised in church and then 5 more baptised in a lake...( a first for me) both were fully under water but in different ways.... The first two went down in the Name of Jesus Christ... and the last five went down in the name of The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit.

It tells us in Matthew 28:19 to Go forth and teach and baptise in the name of The Father, The Son and The Holy Ghost. Now in Acts 2:38 It says to Repent and be baptised in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.

Now in Matthew it was Jesus who said to be baptised in the NAME of Father,Son, and Holy Ghost. In Acts it says , that Peter said unto them, Repent and be baptised in the NAME of Jesus Christ . So what is the NAME ? Jesus Christ . We are to be baptised in in the NAME.


Now my thoughts on this are like this...

When a man asks a woman to marry him and she does: then what does she take on?

She takes on his name , correct? Mrs. John Smith. This would be her title..... Mrs. Smith but her name would still be Jane Smith. She would still be known by her name, Jane right.

Is a name important? I think it is... I like being called by my name.... do you?

I believe that when Jesus Christ comes back , He is coming for his bride.... the church; look at

Ephesians 5:22-33 this is an Analogy of family and church( title in my study bible) look at verse 32;" This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. Now you need to read 5: 22-33 and see what it says... I believe it is a picture of the Bride of Christ...

the Church, Us, you and me. So I think it is important to have the NAME applied to us ... Do you see what I am saying? Does it make sense to you? I am not trying to be judgemental here, just trying to explain why in my opinion it is very IMPORTANT to get the Name of Jesus Christ applied to your life. I want to be a part of the Bride of Christ... It is important to me..
I believe you have to have the Name of Christ Jesus to be a part of the Bride. That is my thoughts on the matter... I hope that this has not offended anyone and that if you disagree with my thoughts then show me in the scriptures where I am wrong at , please...
God Bless each of you today and remember to Smile, when you do you are dressed the most beautiful you can be.... tenderly your sister in Christ Jesus, vickie

2 comments:

  1. I guess for me it is one in the same. To be Baptised in the name of Jesus Christ is no different than being baptised in the name of the Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit. Isn't he Three in one? I believe as long as Jesus knows your heart and you know why Christ died for us and you are commited to the word, then He knows and the rest is i guess a matter of opinion. I don't think you are being judgemental at all, we all have the right to interprete the scriptures the way we see it. The Father(God himself), the Son (Jesus), Holy Spirit (their spirit and love within us). For me to be baptised in the name of all three is no different. Jesus knows he's the son of God and knows our hearts before we do. Its all a heart condition whether or not people are right with him in body, mind , and spirit. :) Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandon, thank you for your comments.. I appreciate that someone took the time to read this and think about a reply... I believe that Jesus loves us all.. He died for all... thanks again for you comment.. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete