Tuesday, August 31, 2010

How to Pray

Good Afternoon Beloved,

I learned a new word today. It is a Hebrew word: chazaq . meaning is rather long so please just bear with me , OK?

chazaq: to fasten upon, seize, be strong, courageous, obstinate, to bind, restrain, conquer, catch, cleave to, constant, continue, force, lay hold on, maintain, play the man, wax mighty, prevail, retain, be urgent, wax strong. All these meanings can be understood in connection with prayer.
I took this from the notes on Isaiah in the Dake Annotated Reference Bible, p. 1262-1263

On the Internet I found this description: chazaq: a uniquely strong and powerful descriptive word for " courage" that comes from God.
Here are some examples from God' Word so you can put the word in the right context.
Numbers 13:20 Moses telling them be of good courage ( chazaq)
Joshua 1: 6-9 The Lord telling Joshua to be strong and of good courage ( chazaq)
Acts 28:15 Paul, thanked God and took courage ( chazaq)

I have heard our Lady in church tells us that this is how she prays... I guess I didn't understand what she was saying until I read the meaning of the word for myself. I now have some questions for you ( mostly it is for me).
How do you pray? Do you just say words and hope it is right? Do you really remember and know what you are praying for? Do you shut yourself away to pray? Should you?
Do you plan on what your praying for ? Look at the meaning of the word chazaq, what meaning are you using today to pray? It is a word used as a descriptive powerful word for COURAGE.
Do you pray with courage? I think it is time for me to learn how to pray with courage and conviction.
Now for the rest of what it said in the Dake's Reference Bible
If one would stir himself up in this manner, refusing to be denied and if he would appropriate every benefit of the promise and covenant of God which have been freely and abundantly given to men--ALL men, then such a person would experience answers to prayers for body, soul, and spirit for both himself and others. Dake's Bible p. 1263
So Beloved, it looks like if we would just do as is suggested from the meaning of this word:chazaq
then our prayers would be answered maybe a little differently.. What do you think? Are you willing to give it a go? I sure am and I will let you know if it works for me.
Remember to Smile, you are dressed the most beautiful you can be when you do...
God Bless and have a wonderful day with Jesus our Lord and Savior today..
tenderly with arms wrapped around you... your sister in Christ Jesus, vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment