Saturday, January 29, 2011

New Book, Dug Down Deep

Hello Beloved,

I just started reading a new book, titled: Dug Down Deep by Joshua Harris.

It is going to be a good teaching book, at least for me.... I have just finished the first two chapters.
Theology- study of the nature of God, who He is and how He acts.
What we know about God , affects every part of our life.
God is real. He acted in our world and His actions have meaning today and for all eternity.
Jesus built his house on the Rock. ( Yes, I know Jesus is the the Rock) It takes time , effort, and work to build on the Rock.
You need to know God, His character and attributes, so you can have a relationship with our
Creator and Redeemer.
Find someone you want to be like an sit at their feet. ( mentor)
You have to work at it everyday of your life.
A important part of caring for and cultivating a relationship involves willingness to learn, character and personality, likes and dislikes..
They describe a living person whom I love. Facts can never take the place , but you can't know them without them.
Doctrine is the meaning of the story God is writing in the world. It's the explanation of what he's done and why He's done it and why it matters to you and me.
Firsthand knowledge of God' character and love is the only thing that can hold us. It is joy and humility.
This is what I have picked up from the first couple of chapters... I will study them and then I will finish the book....
I hope to fill in on some of the thoughts here as I go along... Hope you are up for the ride! ( smile)]
Remember to Smile; It is a gift form God to you, for you to share with others..
Tenderly with arms about you. Your sister in Christ Jesus, vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment