Friday, May 7, 2010

Are you like the mountain climber?

Hello Beloved,

I have started reading another book.. This one is called, The Prayerful Spirit, by James P. Gills, M.D.. I just started it but something I have read struck me so here I go again...
It is under the heading of : Pray with faith.
It states that there is no real praying to God for ourselves or for others until faith is born in the heart. Jesus tells us that when we pray , we must believe that we have received. Read
James 1 5-8. Faith builds upon faith.
Here is the story he relates in the chapter;
There's a story about a mountain climber who was falling from a high point. As he fell, he grabbed a limb and was holding on for dear life. He suddenly became very religious, and he yelled up to heaven, " Is there anybody up there? Pleeease help me!" He yelled this three or four times. Finally a deep, deep voice said, " Yes, I'm here. Let go, and I'll take care of you."
The mountain climber thought about this for a few minutes as he hung on to the branch, and then he yelled," Is there anybody else up there?'

We are like the mountain climber. We want to know whether there's anyone up there to fill our emptiness and our loneliness. We want to know whether anyone hears our cries. But we don't want someone who will require that we totally let go. We still want to be in control. Therefore,
faith is critical for us to be able to let go and let God. II Corinthians, 5:7, tell us to " live by faith, not by sight."

How many times do we act like the mountain climber? We ask for something and it is answered but NOT the way we think it should be so we ask again and again.. I think the lesson I learned from this is that when I ask ,I should ask IN FAITH BELIEVING, truly believing that it is done... Living by faith.... How are you living?
Remember to smile, when you do you are dressed the most beautiful you can be...
God Bless, your sister in Christ Jesus.. vickie

1 comment: