Sunday, May 23, 2010

Missionaries

Hello Beloved,

I am just back from church where we had a guest speaker tonight. She was someone who had
to use a interrupter to speak... She gave her testimony and it was powerful ... She spoke about
how at 12 years old she felt the call of God on her life... 12 years old.... She spoke about the trials
of what she went through to get to this day. Powerful Testimony. She spoke about how she got through school... and how she met people who helped her in journey.. How she had to stand on her Faith alone... How her Faith has gotten her where she is today.
She left her home country and went to a country that was closed to missionaries and where if you were caught with a Bible ( just one) it would put you in prison for 8 plus years. And they had taken 158 Bibles in!!! ( 158x8 = 1264 years! ) and they went into this country and not only
took Bibles but took the Gospel of Jesus Christ with them!! The cost ? Is death if they are caught.. Death. Are we willing to take the Gospel into the world and risk our life ? This young
woman is willing to lay her life down to reach people in another part of the world and not only that but it is those of the Islamic belief.. She was so tiny and at the same time she was so full of courage , strength and Holy Ghost. She told us what happens to those who are caught and it was not pretty.... She is so IN LOVE with Jesus Christ and something she said stuck with me and that was the country she was in ( over 2 years) it was not the words spoken ( woman mean nothing in this country) but it was how you lived your life... We call that here the Fruit of the Spirit. As a woman she had to be so careful not to draw attention to herself but to live a life that made others around her ask WHY are you different... This young woman said that the ratio
was 2 missionaries to 1 million people. 2/ 1 million not to good of odds .. eh? She was just amazing to listen too... I am so glad that I went to church tonight... This young woman surely
blessed me tonight...as she has been a blessing to those on the other side of the world...
God is so good.. Missions are important and we need to support those who are called to this life...
Remember that when you smile you are the most beautiful you can be.
tenderly your sister in Christ Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. I will post here... I was asking the Lord today about my calling. I do not feel called to go out in the fields and work.So I ask what am I to do? I was mowing a yard when I feel like I got the answer. It was pressed upon my heart like this, close to home. I thought close to home? Then it hit me... my son's ex-wife is back in our lives and she really needs lots of prayer and help. so I feel like I have my answer... If she should happen to read this , Yes , it is you who the Lord wants me to help.. Start at home and it will move forward. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete