Sunday, May 30, 2010

The prayerful Spirit

Good Morning Beloved,



The sun is shinning and it's a beautiful day!!!! Praise God!

I am still reading in the same book, The Prayerful Spirit, by Dr. James P. Gills, and I have told you I am taking my time with this one.... It is about learning to pray... Prayer is so important and we act like if we say thank you it will be enough... Well I am learning that just ain't so.

The chapter that I am on right now has made me stop and think.... I hope it will you too.

It is called " The Roadblocks to Prayer".

I believe we all have them. Maybe some of us more than others.... Even if you have been a believer all of your life.. I bet you have roadblocks too... I am going to talk about one of them now.. it is called worldly influences.. I am going to give you the scriptures and hope that you will search them out for yourself.... It is good we do that it's called getting into the Word. I would hate it if I told you something wrong so PLEASE search the Word.....First one is : 1John 2: 15-17.

Do not love the world. After the scripture he writes that we can never have a close relationship with our Lord in prayer if we have an affection for the things of this world. Matthew 6:24

No man can serve two masters. If we worship anything other than God our prayers are not honest communion with our Lord.

Now Beloved, I don't know how that will affect you but it sorta hit me right between the eyes!

I have to be honest here,,, I knew that scripture but did not really know that scripture.. Do any of you do that? Know a scripture and not know it?
He goes on and says it helps to recognize who hides behind the scenes trying to steal what rightfully belongs to God.. That old satan uses just enough truth in his lie to make it believable... How often do we believe that lie over the REAL truth? This goes right along with the Bible study I am doing right now... Breaking Free... we need to start recognizing the difference in the
voices we listen too... next scripture - Matthew 4: 8-10
Next Scripture : Psalms 32:7 our hiding place We need to be diligent in our prayers... Last Scripture is John 17: 15-16 . Do you start to pray and then something else pops in your head and you think about it instead? Well that is not being focused( I am so guilty) So I need to learn how to listen to the TRUE voice do you? Satan is subtle and powerful in his tactics and has little imagination he always uses the same ole, same ole so if it is broke FIX IT!.
Remember to Smile you are dressed the most beautiful you can be..
I love you all Beloved.... God Bless and have a great day in the Lord Jesus Christ...
tenderly your sister in Christ, vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment