Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Breaking Free Part 1

Hello Beloved,

I am in a Bible study that is called " Breaking Free" and I am having to look at the things in my life that have held me in bondage.. Did you know you can be a slave to something without any one seeing the chains? I looked up the word slavery. slavery- submission to a dominating influence.
So I have been reaching as far back in my memory as I can and trying to figure out what the dominating influence has been in my life. "high places" Here is a list of some of these things:
anger, bitterness, jealousy, selfishness, self-pity, laziness, guilt, fear, low self-esteem, feelings of being overwhelmed, thoughts of self-destruction, to name just a few... These are learned behavior, so that means they can be unlearned behavior too. How? Well, that is what I am trying to learn.... How do we break free from the bonds that hold us captive? How do we let go of the pain and the hurts from our bondage? Maybe your bonds are different then those listed above. How are you going to "break" your bonds?
Well, I have learned in this study that twisted thinking is a form of pride. As you can note
by the list above I have a form of pride, called twisted thinking.... If you would read 2 Chronicles 26:1-15 , you would see that it is not a new thing..... Please read it for yourself and study it.
Don't stop there keep going and learn about the kings of Israel and what happened to them..
Read the book of Isaiah, it is about captivity.
What we are trying to do is to reach our FREEDOM.. We are not so unlike the slaves of the South,during the Civil War.... They just wanted to be free and so do we... How? by learning the truth of God's Word.... believing it and ACCEPTING it... "The saddest of captives is the one who refuses to be free on God's terms.."( Beth Moore) We have to be honest with ourselves in our inner most parts.... This is what God desires.. Absolute honesty... Can we do that?
I believe this to be the truest statement I will ever make. " JESUS LOVES YOU" and I am a
part of that statement... Jesus loves me.....
It does not matter what color you are, how much money you have or don't have, where you live, or how old you are,,,male or female, JESUS LOVES YOU!!!!!!
I think once we can wrap our mind around that and believe it with all of our hearts and know for sure, certain sure. then we can start on the road to recovery of our bonds....
Would you like to break free ? I would and I am going to keep on keeping on and trying till my very last breath.... I know that I know that I know,,, I LOVE JESUS CHRIST with all that I am..
I may not mean much to the world but that is OK Jesus OVERCAME the world..... and He loves me....
Lord Jesus today I am praying that whomsoever reads this would know that you love them and that you died just for them... that they are worth more then this world will ever let them know.. I love you so much Lord Jesus and I pray that you would be here with me today that I would have your strength for when the enemy comes... Thank you Jesus for loving me so much... In Jesus name Amen ( so let it be)
Smile: when you do you are dressed the most beautiful you can be...
In the Love of our Savior Christ Jesus, vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment