Saturday, December 11, 2010

Forgiveness ?

Hello Beloved,



What is forgiveness?
FORGIVENESS: Act of forgiving, disposition or willingness to forgive.
FORGIVE: to give up resentment; to cease to feel resentment.
Un: added to verbs to indicate a reversal of action. ( ie: unforgiveness; not to cease to feel
resentment.)

I just spoke to a woman who just this week lost a child. I felt so sorry for her.. She told me
that another of her children now refuses to speak with her... Why? What can make a person's heart so full of unforgiveness?
I finished a book this week called Heroes of the Faith.. It was about a woman named
Corrie Ten Boom. She was a Dutch woman who was thrown into a Nazi Prison Camp in
WWII for hiding Jews. When she was released from this prison she was full of unforgiveness.
She tells in her book how she studied the Word of God and learned that she must first forgive.
She wrote a letter to the Dutch man who betrayed her to the Germans. and later how she ran into a guard from the prison camp she was in and how he asked forgiveness from her..
Corrie Ten Boom learned that to be forgiven, you must first forgive.
Why is it that some can understand that and others can't. I don't really know the answer to that except for what I think.... I think that when someone accepts Christ Jesus into their heart , it really does do something to change you...
In Ephesians 4:32 KJV
' And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."
In Colossians 3:13 KJV
"Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another,if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye."
Now that is just two place in God's Word where it talks about forgiving..
Beloved, life is so short and to have to spend time in a pitiless, unkind, revengeful, ruthless unsympathetic cruel, heartless, UNFORGIVEING state is not good for YOU!!
I lived in this state for a long time and all it does is bring on physical illness to you and your body.. So, do yourself a favor and let it go today.... Life is to short to live with bitterness.
If you have not yet ask Jesus Christ into your heart, today would be a good day to do that.. He will make your life totally different if you would just let him in.....
Dear Lord Jesus ,
I ask you today if you would please forgive me and help me to forgive those who have done me wrong. I pray that you would give me peace in my heart, mind, and soul.. Please come into my heart and teach me your way... In Jesus name, Amen.
I hope you prayed that pray. If you did, welcome to the family! Now find a good bible based
church and learn the Word of God...
If you are still struggling with not being able to forgive, please lean on Jesus. I hope that you will
go and make amends with whomever you are at odds with... I pray for God to help you with your decision.
Arms tenderly about you,,, In Christ Jesus , love your sister in Christ vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment