Saturday, December 25, 2010

Suicide: Why?

Hello Beloved,

Today is Christmas Day, a day that we should all be happy and safe with our loved ones.
I say should be happy and safe, but some are not... It makes me so very sad. What would
make someone want to take their life on Christmas ? Really at any time? The Holidays
are a lonely time for some, even when you are in a room full of people. What would make
a young person want to take their own life? I use to wonder about that, but, I think I know why
one young person would want to die...It makes me so angry to think about it..
Why should a child ever think about dying? Why would they even want to think about it?
Not every child has a happy and loving home life... Some are from broken homes. Some come from a home where they are moved from one place to another more often then some folks change their clothes. They are made fun of at school and have no real friends... They feel like the
whole world is against them...
They begin to do badly in school and they start to steal from loved ones then others. Why?
I think it is to get attention. Yes, attention. They are moved around so much they don't have time to make friends or get into a routine, they do not have a structure or stability. They do not have any control over what a parent does with them or their life, so they decide that they can
do something no one can control but them... That is to take their own life... It then would be
their choice... I think that might be why some young person would want to die...
How do we help them? How do we reach them? I don't have any answers to these questions.
I think when a child reaches this point in their thinking that the only thing to do is get them some professional help. I know such a young person and I am asking if you would please
just pray for them.... The Lord Jesus knows who I speak of .... Would you please just pray ?
Thank you.... I pray that we can reach these young people before they get to this stage...
May God Bless this young person and their soul..
tenderly , your sister in Christ Jesus, vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment