Saturday, December 18, 2010

My Granddaughter Nikki

Hello Beloved,

I just want to take this time to tell you about a very special little girl.
You may have already guessed by the title that she is my granddaughter, Nikki.
She is just 10 years old and is by far the most beautiful, loving, kindest, sweetest,
talented and just all round good girl that I have ever had the privilege to be around.
You might have guess by this that I love her beyond any other girl child I have ever
known. I just want to tell you about her.
Nikki, has a half- sister who is older than her, but they do not live together. She also has
a little( full) brother, 3 years her Junior . Nikki has been cast into a grown up world at such
a very tender young age, but she arose to the occasion.. She has learned many things in
her young life that will see her through the rest of her life....
When Nikki was 4 years old she started helping G'ma out in the kitchen.. She would help set
the table, do the dishes, sweep the floor, wipe the table down but more importantly she learned
how to bake and cook.... She made homemade noodles, meatloaf, and bread among many things she learned in the kitchen.... When she was only 8 years old ( having just turned 8 a few weeks before) she made an entire dinner for 14 people. Yes, 14 people...
She made meatloaf, mashed potatoes ( G'pa mashed them for her), green beans ( homegrown beans) scalloped corn, rolls, veggie tray, and homemade ice-cream. She set the table and
put on a wonderful dinner. She is a very talented young lady... She loves to put out the good dishes and have a pretty table with a table cloth ( not plastic) and use real cloth napkins, with candles and goblets. We have taken many photos of the way she likes to dress things up.
Nikki is a smart child also, making the all A honor roll and that while playing sports and also being in the band at school... She does her homework as soon as she comes in from school. She also helps her little brother when he needs help...
Nikki is the kind of child every one dreams of having.... She is NOT by any means perfect but she IS a very special and good child ...
Nikki, I am so proud of you and all that you have accomplished in your short life... You have made my life so much better just by being who you are... You are funny and smart and so sweet and kind and to top that off you are the most beautiful child I know.. Thank you for letting me
be a part of your life.. For now and forever you have my heart. I love you.. G'ma

1 comment:

  1. It is all true. I really did start cooking and baking when I was 4. I thought it was so cool when I started cooking and baking. I still think it is so cool now when I am 10 years-old. I hope I can pass on what I have learned over the years. Nikki

    ReplyDelete