Saturday, December 18, 2010

Slavery, What are you a Slave Too

Hello Beloved,

I just finished reading a book called " Candle in the Darkness" by Lynn Austin.
It was about a young woman who lived during the time of the Civil War. Starts out when she is young and years before the war starts.. This is to set the scene of players throughout the book.
She lived in Virginia, and her daddy was a slave owner... She is about 10 years old when her
daddy sells a slave . This slave was only 9 years old and her best friend..... This is something
that sets the stage for the rest of her life.... She was devastated by this action.... She has a mammy and several other slaves that she is very close too... One slave called Eli... Eli is the one she runs to with all of her problems... He is the one who teaches her about " Massa Jesus".
Throughout this book Eli is teaching her about what it is like to became a servant of Jesus Christ.
I found the analogy in the book amazing...
I don't know much about slavery except what I have read...I think the analogy in this book was
a stop and think about it type book, or at least it was for me...
To make a long story short I will get right to the heart of the matter OK?
Eli used scriptures throughout the book to help explain to the young lady....
Like all the things that happen to Pharaoh when he would not let the Lord's people go; Rahab, how she helped during the time of Joshua, how you have to listen to what God puts on your heart. Throughout the story line he used examples of how to live out your life as a servant to the Lord.. The young lady tells him that it is so easy for him to listen to God because he already
has learned how to do what a master says do....
NOW, that set me to thinking.... are y'all ready? ;)

Are we really any different? Say then the Israelites who were in bondage to the Pharaoh,
or even the Negro Slaves were to the south? I don't think so... We are all serving a master but which one? There is the master of this world. Things we want, things we think about, things we say, things we do, ect.... We are following a very carnal way in this world. Or do we follow the Master of All? Yes, All. Jesus Christ is the MASTER of EVERYTHING.
We have to live in this world but we do not have to be of this world... Yes, we have guidelines and Jesus showed them to us.
Matthew 22:15-21 KJV
Please read this so you will know that I tell you truth.
verse 21:
"Render therefore unto Cesar the things which are Cesar's; and unto God the things that are God's."
So the guideline is set.... We have an entire do's and don't book for a guideline it is called
the Bible. The Word of God.
We have example after example of how to live if we would but chose to follow them.... You know, all of my life I have " tried" to live by the " golden rule" but I have failed many, many times. but as I look back now at my life I see that in all the things that really mattered Christ Jesus was right there beside me... Isn't it time we all stepped back and looked at where we have come from and make the decision about where we want to go? I have done that and I have made a
decision to follow after Jesus Christ... He is the only way to salvation; the only way.
I hope you will look back and made your decision sure for eternity with Christ Jesus...
Smile : it is a free gift from God for you to share with everyone you meet.... and it also is the most beautiful you will ever be...
I love you all. Tenderly with arms about you... your sister in Christ Jesus vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment