Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Angel Unaware

Hello Beloved,

I woke this morning with a heavy heart. I just felt like things had come crashing down on me..
I got down to pray and just cried out to Jesus about all the things that were bottled up inside of me... I had such a heavy heart for things I thought I was over and done with... But, are we ever over and done? I am still in the learning process here. I cried out loud at how much I missed my Mama. I could always talk to her and she would just listen ., but Mama is gone and now I am learning how to talk to my Father. Yes, my Father in Heaven... He is really the one I should have been talking to all along.... Like I said I am in the process of learning here...
As the day has progressed I had something come across my thoughts I found interesting... I want to share that with you now.... and by the way Thanks for listening.

This happened several years ago before I had my fall in the tub. Maybe a month before or so...
I was on my day off from work, I was feeling really low this day.. ( I suffered from depression very badly) I thought that if I just sat and didn't breath I would die.... ( The thoughts one has when in the midst of depression). I just wanted to will myself to die... I had no energy in my body, mind, or my spirit. I was just in a very dark, dismal, abyss. I was at the point of no return. I was so cold inwardly as well as on the outside physically. I tried to bring myself out of it by sitting in a hot tub of water and laying under mountains of blankets but nothing helped.
This went on all day long, somewhere in the day something stood up inside of me and said,
go to the grocery store.... I went. I went inside the door at the store and a woman spoke to me... I spoke back rather short to her. I went to the next aisle and she was there too and spoke again, again I was rather short with her, this happened again in the third aisle of the store... She spoke and said to me " Hi, How are you? I told her well, and she responded I think we should pray. You know what she did then? She prayed! yes right there in that aisle she prayed.. People all around us and she prayed.. I don't know how long it lasted for sure but it was a while.
After she prayed and we talked for a bit I left to get something or other. After the checkout line I went to get in my car and there she was again... She talked some more and said she would keep me in her prayers.. I said thank you and she left... Now what is so funny ( not laughable, but strange) is I had NEVER seen this woman before in my life! I worked in the public and saw all kinds of folks everyday.... I had NEVER seen this woman before NOR have I seen her since that day...... I believe that in my darkest moment that God sent me an angel to help get me over a large hump in my road that day... I made it through that day and the next but if God had not sent an angel to talk to me would I have made it through that day?? I don't think so...

In scripture it says:
Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels
unawares.. Hebrews 13: 2
I still have days where the darkness comes back BUT it doesn't stick around too long... I know now how to get rid of it ..... PRAISE GOD! I am thankful that God is so personal . He has surrounded me all of my life and I just became aware of it recently... Please won't you pay closer attention then I did.... God Bless You.... remember:
Smile, when you do , you are dressed the most beautiful you can be....
your friend in Christ Jesus. billiemae

3 comments:

  1. One of your mother's favorite scriptures. Heard her quote it many times. God WILL take care of you , BECAUSE He Loves You So MUch. & so do I!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dear Darling Sister, more than life I love you right back. You are such a good example of what our God does with people who love Him. Thank you for showing me how.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you were suffering but I had no idea to what degree. I am sorry that I didn't pick up on it and recognize it. So glad that God never takes a day off. Love you.

    ReplyDelete