Thursday, February 18, 2010

Are You Prepared?

Good Afternoon Beloved,

What a beautiful sunshine filled afternoon we are having here today! I have missed the sunshine.
I would like to talk to you today about " your house".. Not the physical house you and your family live in but " YOUR HOUSE".
Do you remember my friend " The Yellow Warrior"?( she used a yellow hi-lighter to mark her prayer book , answered prayer.) Well , she is at it again.... Have you ever had someone in your life who just makes you think? The Yellow Warrior does that for me..
I am in a bible study right now on the Tabernacle. It is a great study.. I tell you this because it
ties in with what my friend said.... OK . I hope I can make sense out of all this, here goes.

Is your house ready? Are you prepared? Prepared for what you ask. A Blessing from God.
You mean we need to prepare to receive a blessing from God? Yes, you do.
Well, The Yellow Warrior, stated at one of the prayer meetings that we have a prayer string. Maybe you have read about that on a earlier blog .. Well, the prayer string is where we write down what we are praying for or about and then we will pass them on to someone else in the group ( kinda like drawing names at Christmas). We then will pray for that persons prayer requests . But , before you can pray for someone else or even yourself YOU need to be prepared..
Truthfully I had never thought about it before.. So I thought maybe you had not either...

If I want a blessing from God I need to be prepared to receive it... I will try to explain it this way. I hope I am right about this...
Let's say your child comes in from school and wants to go over to a friends house... You ask him/ her first " Is your room cleaned up?, Do you have your homework finished? Are all of your chores finished?" If the child says no they are not , then you don't let them go. but, if the child says yes, I am finished , you let them go... I think it is the same way with God, our Father.
Are we prepared to receive His blessing? Did we obey Him today? Have we did all that He as ask of us? If the answer is no, then we do not receive His blessings. but if the answer is yes, we receive blessings from Him. Do you agree?
Some of the things we need to do to be in obedience is found in Malachi 3: 8.
This is about tithing and offerings.. I believe it is important to do this. This is how your church building is taken care of and your Pastor is paid. No Pastor, no Word, no Word, No anything good. Tithing, money only? I don't' think so.... I think your time can be offered, we all think our time is important don't we?
You go to work and work for say $10.00 an hour that is how much you say your time is worth.
That is what you and your employer agreed on correct? Well, can you give an hour of your time for someone say who is in need of ride, or a meal, maybe they just need to talk to someone for awhile, a phone call, a card sent in the mail, maybe it is a email , or a blog, do you have time? When you do it as unto the Lord I think that is an offering. We have people in our church who don't have any money right now, but they have been tithing on the food stamps they received.. Now that is OBEDIENCE. Whatever you have ,you got from God in the first place , you know I am right.
Tithing is an important part of our spiritual walk. We need to be obedient to what our Father has ask of us.. You want to be filled up, then keep prayed up. In Matthew 5:2-12, these are the Beatitudes, read and find out what some of your blessing can be.... Blessings do not have to be in the form of money. They can come from anywhere, and anyone.... just remember to keep in mind you need to be obedient to The Word of God....
The Yellow Warrior told me a story about a lady in her church who loved the Lord with all that she had... She was a tither, and a great prayer warrior.. Before she would pray for you or with you she would ask , Is your house prepared?? I thought that was kinda a rude thing till she
said that in order to receive you need to be ready for it... Now, it makes sense eh?
In the workbook I am studying this is what is says on one of the pages.. This is taken from Week
Three chapter titled Prepared Heart.
" How often we expect big thing from God without preparing for big things from Him"

Is your house prepared? I know I am learning how to clean mine out and get it ready . I want to be prepared for whatever He has for me...
Remember to Smile, when you do, you are the most beautiful you can be...
God Bless you as you go through your preparations. Love in Christ Jesus, your friend billiemae

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you. You sure are cut out to be a teacher, Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja ever think???????? As we prepare an offering of praise or preparation to the Lord (in obedience to the Word) to receive an answered prayer that God is really preparing us to receive a blessing. I believe with all my heart that God GIVES us the desires of our heart so that He can GIVE us the desires of our heart. You go Girl!

    ReplyDelete