Sunday, February 28, 2010

Your not enough

Hello Beloved,

I would like to share with you my afternoon today. My husband and I was invited out for
lunch today by a very dear and sweet wonderful lady from our church. We had a great meal, homemade soup and homemade from scratch pineapple upside down cake.. Wow! was it good.
We weren't the only ones for lunch, there was another lady there... My husband was surrounded by woman! He said he was ok with that. I am telling you that so I can tell you the rest of the story. Ok? Here goes.
The dishes were taken from the table and coffee was served. Now the talking part of the afternoon was on..... My friend the " Yellow Road Warrior" she was there and I will call the new one that was there today my " Mission friend." These two ladies are a absolute hoot! We had prayer for my arm... ( me the big baby) When prayer was finished " Mission " said something
to us all that was profound. I hope that I can remember how she put it... It went something like this.

" If you find yourself in a unforgiving state;
God will say to you, Would you go and look in My Son's eyes and tell Him, You are not enough."

I tell you ,if that won't make you think ,I don't know what it will take ....
Can you go and look Jesus in the eye and tell Him what He did on the cross was not enough?
It has made this old girl think twice today......
I have a tendency to wallow in my guilt for awhile before I give it up. Do you? Well this is something I will put on the mirror in my bathroom and hang right beside my computer and in my Bible, I don't ever again want to wallow in my own guilt. Once I have gone to Jesus and ask Him to forgive me I better be ready right then to give it up... Because what He did on the cross
WAS ENOUGH.
I leave you with that thought... " Would you go and look into the eyes of Jesus and tell Him You are not enough?
Remember to Smile , you are dressed the most beautiful you can be...
In the love of Christ Jesus, your friend billiemae

1 comment:

  1. It never fails to amaze me how you make me think more and more the way I have missed. Thank you so much for posting this.

    ReplyDelete