Thursday, April 1, 2010

Mama Made The Difference

Hello Beloved,

Remember I told you I had been busy reading? Well, I am now reading a book by T.D. Jakes
called Mama Made The Difference.. Life Lessons My Mother Taught Me.
I have just started the book but some of the things I have read I thought would be good to pass on.
In the beginning of the book it talks about how his mama had instilled in him an appreciation of
information and knowledge and wisdom; and how we are to become who He created us to be...
What a wise mama Mr. Jakes had. It goes on and says that women should NOT have to apologize for being mothers..( Some mothers are very fortunate and can stay at home, how Blessed!) If you are being called to be a mother, you can expect to make sacrifices. How many of us can recall the sacrifices our mama's made for us? My mama is gone now, but mama if you can hear me , thank you. I am saying don't take your mama for granted....
He asks a question , what makes for these timeless qualities of a mother? He says he believes it is the heart... the tenderness and toughness, the compassion and conscientiousness of the heart.... WOW! Is this making sense to you ? I can look back on my own mom and think of all the wonderful lessons of life she taught me... I miss you, mama...
Can I make a suggestion?
If your mom is alive and you haven't seen her for a time... Would you make time and go and see her before you no longer have her? Would you love on her and tell her thank you for the lessons
she has taught you? Maybe you didn't always get along, who cares about that now.... Today is a time of forgiveness.. Please , don't let another day go by in which you don't seek her out...
enjoy her, love her, and let her see some of the things she taught you...... Mama's are usually
the first person we know and fall in love with... Will you fall in love with her again today?
What did you learn about God from your mother? How would you describe your belief in God
at this point in your journey? What do you wish you could ask your mother about her relationship with God?
This is just the first chapter of this book... I will write more about it...
I am going to pray for you all today...
Dear Lord , I pray that each one who reads these words will know that the mom they
have is the exact one you wanted for them and the lessons that she taught is what they
need for the journey they are to take.... I pray Father,, that they would go and tell her how much they love her.... Thank you Father for my mama Nellie, she was just exactly who I needed
to help me in my journey of life... Father, thank you for all the moms and the lessons of life she has taught us.. In Jesus name Amen.
Remember to smile ; You are the most beautiful you can be when you do... God Bless your friend and sister in Christ Jesus. billilemae

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like something I need to try to find at the library. I like that you said that the mom we have/had is the exact one we need to help us in our journeys in life. I sure wouldn't trade her for anyone else's mom- not even Donna Reed or June Cleaver! Our mom was colorful and full of life- and wise. Just right. Sus-

    ReplyDelete