Monday, April 26, 2010

Part 2: The Case For Christ

Hello Beloved,

Yes, I know I have already been on here once today .... but I just wanted to tell you about something I just read in the book I told you about... " The Case for Christ" by Lee Strobel.
It is Chapter 14:
It is an interview with Gary Habermas PH.D, D.D.

He is talking about when his wife passed away of cancer. How was he going to raise 4 children alone? He had students calling him with this " At a time like this, aren't you glad about
the Resurrection?" He says, he smiled for two reasons.. First , his students were trying to
cheer him up and second, it worked.
He states that if God were to come to him, he would ask one question? Lord, why is Debbie up there in bed? and he says back.... I think God would respond by asking me gently, Gary, did I raise my Son from the dead? Finally I got the point...
Resurrection : Jesus was raised from the dead 2000 years ago and if you are dead IN Christ you too will raise from the dead.. Because , If there is a Resurrection , then there is a heaven. I will someday see both, Jesus and Debbie.( I paraphrased some of this to shorten)

If you are going through some grief now because of lost loved one... please take heart in what this man is saying.... Your loved one will rise again too if they died in Christ... WOW !! What a promise.. God is good all the time.... He keeps His promises....
Dear One, Please don't fret so.... just turn everything over to Christ and it will be easier...
Get your Sword ( The Word of God) out and read it everyday, get stronger in Christ Jesus, sit down and have a cup of tea with Him and make it personal...... He is just waiting for you to invite Him over.....
Smile: when you do you are dressed the most beautiful you can be...
tenderly, your sister in Christ Jesus, vickie

1 comment:

  1. I believe that one day we all will meet again in Heaven. My loved ones that went before me will be waiting there at the gates to welcome me home. And it will be a day of rejoicing like we are told it will be. Thank you so much for sharing. I always feels so reassured and comforted by your words, even when my own thoughts are out of control. Many blessings to you and much love

    ReplyDelete