Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire Part 2

Hello Beloved,

Do you remember the book I was telling you about? FRESH WIND, FRESH FIRE?
Well, I want to tell you more about it..
The formula for a good life filled with whatever you need( not what you want always) is so
simple. Prayer.
" The more we pray, the more we sense our need to pray; and the more we sense the need
to pray, the more we want to pray."
I guess if you want a breakthrough you need to read Acts 2:42
"And they continued steadfastly in the apostles doctrine, and fellowship, and in breaking of bread and in prayers."

Sounds so simple doesn't it? Then why don't we do it? So simple...PRAYER
Something else I found interesting in this book...
A minister from Australia or New Zealand was visiting and this the comment he made.
" You can tell how popular a church is by who comes on Sunday morning. You can tell how popular the pastor or Evangelist is by who comes on Sunday night ; BUT, you can tell how
popular Jesus is by who comes to the PRAYER meeting."

Now that is just powerful to me.
What is prayer? It is the sound of people freely expressing their hearts needs, desires, and praises. Check out Genesis 4: 25-26 ( KJV)
The last line is .... then began men to call upon the name of the Lord.: Thus begins a relationship
with God.
RELATIONSHIP: connecting or binding participants in a relationship.
So with prayer we are connecting with God. This is how we build a relationship, communication.
I guess it is no different then learning about someone here. You talk, you listen, you learn,
communication....

PASSION: a intense feeling or conviction, devotion to some activity.
When we are ask to pray for someone or something we need to pray with passion, cry out or implore aid.
When you pray start thinking about your relationship with God and know that you can CRY out
to Him. He is after all our " ABBA" our daddy.

This book is filled with things I have never thought of like this before.. I just read something else in the book I want to share..
" If we don't want to experience God' closeness here on earth why would we want to go to heaven anyway? I think that is profound! Think about it.... I for one am going to do all I can
to have that closeness with God..
Passion.. We need passion in our relationship with God..
How many relationships start with physical passion? So why not with God?
I don't know about you Beloved but this old girl is having an eye opener with this book..
I really hope you will all try to read this book.. It is again called FRESH WIND, FRESH FIRE
by Jim Cymbala.
Thank you all so much for listening to me go on and on .. I love you all dearly.
God Bless till next time.....

The above was sent out as an email to all my friends and families in October 2009
Remember: Smile , when you do you are dressed the most beautiful you can be.
your friend in Christ Jesus, billiemae

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to see you putting this out here for everyone. It was beautiful in an email, but here, it has the potential to touch so many more people.Blogs take time to catch hold- and you are wise to just keep posting . Keep up your good work. Love you, Sis

    ReplyDelete