Monday, January 25, 2010

Meaning of Names

Hello Beloved,

Today I want to share with you something I shared with my email " family" back in
November of 2009. I hope you enjoy it and that it will help you with your Bible studies..


The meaning of the names of the 12 tribes of Israel....

Reuben--- behold a son
Simeon --- hearing
Levi --- attached
Judah --- praise
Dan --- he judged
Naphtali - wrestling
Gad-------he judged
Asher ----happy blessed
Issachar--hireling/ wages
Zebulun -- exaltation/ gifts
Joseph----he will add
Benjamin---son of the right hand

This is the order of birth of the 12 tribes of Israel. When you read and see these names put the meaning in the sentence and see if it makes the sentence come alive with new meaning for you.
........NOT change the meaning , but make it come alive.

An example would be like this:
ex. Judges 1:1-4
It is talking about after Joshua died, who will fight for Israel now? Judah ( praise) says to his brother Simeon ( hearing) you come and help me and I will go and help you. They help one another in their fight against the enemy... Now the way our Pastor taught was like this:

When you are getting ready for a battle you need to send your praise up so it can be heard,
and that is when the blessings start to come down.. So in other words, if you are going through
something right now, illness, something is weighing you down emotionally, or your spirit is in turmoil, the thing to do is start PRAISING! Yes, that is correct PRAISE GOD!!, tell Him. Quote Isaiah 9:6, Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Tell God He is All in All, He is the Righteous Judge, He is the First and the Last, tell Him how much you love Him. He is YOUR Father remember.
I think I am telling this more to me then anyone else. I need to start telling Him how much I love Him, and who I think He is... He is my EVERYTHING!!! I do not understand how someone
can go through a day without Him.. I love God so much and I talk to Him all the time... but, I could do better.. I need to PRAISE Him ... I want Him to hear me when I pray... You know you go and listen to your teachers or pastors at church and you think you are listening but then sometimes you go and yo really do HEAR and that is what happened to me in Bible study last night.. I had on my " real " ears... God is so good to us.... We need to be obedient to Him and
"LISTEN" to His Word.. It teaches us..
I really want to make Heaven my home.. I am trying so hard to learn and pass on what I learn..
I do not want any to be left behind... I really do love all I meet.. ( may not like what they are
doing but I do love em!) and want them to know what I know that Jesus is coming and He will be here really, really soon... I hope that understanding the meaning of the names will help you understand better what we need in our lives... Remember what Jesus said in John 14:6
" I am the way, the truth , and the life; no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

So NOW is the time for us to do something for the Lord BEFORE it is to late.
God Bless You and know that He loves you .... so do I.

Smile, when you do, you are dressed the most beautiful you can be.
billiemae

1 comment:

  1. I like the Names of God:
    Jehovah Shamma - The Lord is there (prsent)
    Jehovah Shalom - The Lord Your Peace
    Jehovah Roi - The Lord is your Shepherd
    Jehovah Jireh - the Lord will provide
    Jehovah Nissi - The Lord is your banner (victory)
    Jehovah Tsidkenu - the Lord your Righteousness
    Jehovah Rapha I am the Lord that healeth thee.

    El Shaddai God Almighty The Breasty One
    Jehovah Mequadeshim The Lord that Santifies Me
    Jehovah Elyon The Lord Most High
    Jehovah Tser The Lord ;the Rock of Ages.

    ReplyDelete