Monday, January 4, 2010

Part Three

November 6, is a day I will always remember... This evening was the first of a conference at our church and it lasted all weekend. Wow! what a great weekend it was.
In the last post I told you about a elder at our church with whom I was speaking and she said something to me I don't think I shall ever forget.... It went something like this, " Sin is like an onion, it has many layers." I tell you that just blew me away.
You know we all have sin in our lives and we try to get rid of them.. but without Jesus Christ in our life we cannot.. I want to relay to you now what happened to me on Friday evening, November 6.
My husband and I went to church that evening and we saw a great outpouring of the Holy Spirit.
Several pastors were there from other churches and so many youths... It was a wonderful full church this night!
The youths from all the churches there put on skits. It was great to see all the young people getting into Jesus Christ .. The understanding of scriptures through the eyes of the young. What a treat that was ....We had worship service and song service before the Pastor came out to speak.
Something started happening to me that has NEVER happened to me before. I just hope I can explain it so it can be understood.
While I was seated I felt like someone was "behind" me, only it really felt more like in me, behind me. I turned and no one was there.. This happened to me several times and always no one was there.... The Pastor came out and started talking and he started talking about climbing a ladder ( I think) I was there and not there at the same time... They finally had a alter call about half way through the sermon and so many people went forward and I was one of them...
( Now, before I go on , I have been in church most of my life and I have always been a believer
in Christ Jesus... I have be baptized in Jesus name too... ) I went down and I stood with my arms reaching high in Praise. Then the something that had NEVER happened , happened.. I started Praising outloud and crying outloud and moaning outloud, and the more I did this the lower I seemed to get to the floor.. I tell you this was very painful , not in the physcial but in my spirit.. I got so low to the floor and then I just started laughing and laughing hard and praising.
God' Spirit was with me, in me, and all around me! When it was finally over,( I don't know how long it lasted) I was so exhausted and FREE!!!! Yes, FREE!
I believe with all of my heart that I was being " peeled like an onion" . Remember how the elder
had told me that sin was like and onion with many layers? Well I think I had several layers of sin peeled off me this night! I still thank God for it and I will always Prasie Him....
After this night things in my life have been different... I look at things differently now... I needed
this experience to help me grow.. I believe that it did.
There is a song called " I wouldn't take nothing for my journey now" Well , I WOULD NOT take anything for my journey now... I love the Lord Jesus Christ with all my heart, mind, and soul. I await his return with open arms...
I don't know if this will help anyone or not.. I don't know if anyone will believe it or not... I only know that it happened to me and I am so grateful for all of it so far.
Well till next time... Smile, when you do , you are dressed the most beautiful you can be.
your friend in Christ Jesus. vickie

1 comment: