Sunday, January 31, 2010

Receive and Give

Hello Beloved,

Today in Sunday School class our lesson was on 1 Kings 17:8-16

It was about how Elijah went to the poor woman's house and ask for something to drink.
Now the widow woman was obedient and she brought him a drink and Elijah ask her for some
food and the widow woman told him that she had little meal and a little oil and that was all and that she was going to fix her son and herself their last meal.. Elijah told her not to fear and to do as he asked .. Well, she did and her meal and oil lasted until the day the Lord sent rain upon the earth.
The widow woman was obedient to what was ask of her... How many times have we been ask and have we been obedient ?
I got in on the last part of the lesson today as I had an emergency to take care of ... so I missed allot of what class was about, but I got there in time to hear a lady tell what this all meant to her... It was a visual testimony... and a good one..... I will try to remember what she said and how she said it but it was really visual.

She said that God impressed on her that we have a certain way to walk... right foot , left foot,
we have a receiving and a giving nature.... and if we do nothing but give or receive all the time we get to a place where we can not move without falling .. and the only way we can get back up is to bend our knee and then stand... now it may not sound like much in the written word but it was POWERFUL in the visual way.... So when we walk we are to walk in a receiving and giving equal mode.... I just thought it was neat the way she did it... I thought it was so cool that I even came home and wrote on the front of my shoes, right foot , receiving, left foot giving. so I will always remember to give both equal time and to kneel in prayer often..... I hope someone asks me what it means so I can explain it to them too...
God Bless you all today and remember to Smile, when you do you are dressed the most beautiful you can be...... God loves you and so do I.... your friend in Christ Jesus, billiemae

No comments:

Post a Comment